Complete the matrix by providing the Time Period/Date(s) in column B, and the Description and Significance of the People/Event(s) to American History in column C. See complete instructions in the Syllabus for the Module 5 assignment entitled, “Timeline Part III.” NOTE: The timeline project does not need to be submitted to turnitin.
Major Event/Epoch in American History Time Period/Date(s) Description and Significance of the People/Event(s) to American History
1) The evolution of the causes of World War I.
2) The socio-cultural impact of World War I on the U.S.
3) Woodrow Wilson’s rationale for engaging in World War I (note the theme of an individual’s right of God-given freedoms).
4) The cultural milieu of the Roaring Twenties and its impact on the Great Depression.
5) The causes and consequences of the Great Depression and its socio-economic impact on American society.
6) Evaluate the socio-economic effects of the New Deal and its legacy to American history.
7) The lingering consequences of the Treaty of Versailles that gave rise to the dictatorships of the Axis powers.
8) The evolution of events that brought the U.S. into World War II (note the theme of “God-given freedoms for all people”).
9) The socio-economic and cultural impact of World War II on U.S. society.
10) World War II’s legacy to American history, including its social, economic, political, and cultural impacts